This box contains a variety of papers and memorabilia associated with the Colt Woodsman, including the following:
- Letters dated 1915 requesting shipment of the "new" .22 auto. Frequent phrases are "ship as soon as possible," "when may we expect shipment?," and "ship when ready."
- Confidential reports from salesman in the field in 1915, describing the reception the new .22 was getting.
- Colt's orginal patent folders for both the 1915 Target Model and the 1938 Match Target Model. These contain the original drafts, the final drafts, the actual patent warrants themselves, and associated correspondence. The folders were discarded by Colt's when they were no longer of any practical use. Fortunately an alert employee recognized their historical significance and recovered them from the trash.
- Selected engineering drawings of particular interest.
- Selected Colt advertising and correspondence of particular interest.
- Colt employees pistol team scores: January-April, 1938.
Back to main display